Patrick O. Waddel
Mr. Waddel has been practicing law for nearly 55 years and joined the firm in 2016 as an Of Counsel member. He attended the University of Pittsburgh as well as University of Tulsa, where he received his bachelor’s degree in 1964. He went on to receive his law degree in 1967 from Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law.
Mr. Waddel is a top-rated securities and corporate finance attorney, with his current legal practice centering on the following:
Corporate: All aspects of corporate law and governance with emphasis on advising board/management; structuring and concluding financings, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions. Engaged in the drafting and review of all types of contracts with suppliers, customers, partners, joint ventures and technology transfers.
Securities: Extensive experience in federal and state securities law matters. Have participated in numerous public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. Have worked with SEC and exchange reporting and compliance requirements and the obligation for public disclosure of corporate information.
Have also worked with broker-dealer problems and compliance issues. Participated in representation of issuers and individuals in SEC, exchange and NASD private and public investigations.
Energy: General oil and gas law; gas marketing distribution; deal structures and financing.
Litigation: Experience is principally in the federal court system and in dispute resolution matters such as arbitration of broker/dealer/customer disputes. Have served as a Hearing Examiner for the Oklahoma Department of Securities which required ruling on evidence, preparation of suggested findings of fact, conclusions of law and suggested sanctions.
Mr. Waddel holds memberships, professional licenses and listings with the following:
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Sections of Corporate, Banking and Business Law
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Fellow, Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- Numerous Federal District Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- AV rated in Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- Best Lawyers in America – Corporate
Mr. Waddel has been a member of the Tulsa Development Authority Board of Commissioners for approximately 25 years and has served as Committee Chair for 10 years. He is a member of Trinity Episcopal Church, where he serves on the Endowment Committee and also serves the community as a United Way Group Leader.
- Speaker at Bar-related seminars and meetings in the areas of federal and state securities law and in general corporate law developments. Various written materials prepared for each speaking engagement related to the subject matter.
- Former Adjunct Professor of Corporate Law at the University of Tulsa – Seminar on corporate planning with emphasis on corporate, securities and tax aspects of corporate growth and transactional analysis.
- Served as Chairman of Corporate Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Member – Advisory Committee to Oklahoma Department of Securities on Revisions and/or Amendments to the Oklahoma Securities Act.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law Alumni Council (Past)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law Executive Board (Past)